Hi folks, I am investing in a mac for Xmas. I was going to have a macbook (black), but now now I think I'm going to opt with a macbook pro. I know there are chances a new one will be out come the end of Jan, but would it really be worth waiting on any longer? I mean I have waited long enough to be able to afford one.
I need it for: Adobe Suite CS3 Autodesk Maya Football Manager 08 iTunes just under 8,000 tunes either iWorks or Mircosoft Windows - Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
Dont have black, show up much more dirt/fingermarks than a white one! Im running pretty much all of that on a standard MacBook, but if you can afford to go with the Pro tehn do it.
As for waiting, I had this dilemma whether to wait for Leopard but in the end I ordered one with Tiger, which was apparently a wise move as there are conflictions, and especially I believe with Adobe and Fireworks. I dont think its worth waiting, but thats your choice.
BTW, if you can order it through a Uni source you get a whacking discount!
By the fact he is running Adobe Suite I'd say he wants it for Graphics. You can run itunes and football manager etc on a standard PC but if he is studying Uni graphics courses use Macs and to integrate between the two is notoriously difficult.