Can’t help feeling that academies more than any other part of the club live and die by the quality of the staff and we just never seem to have cracked that.
It seems to be more to keep going with some legislation than anything else, and therefore yes, the quality of the staff doesn't currently matter two drips.
Exactly - our academy teams seem to be packed with players who everyone knows haven’t a hope in hell of progressing. It’s just a case of making up the numbers. Those out there tonight are of an age that if they can’t make an impression on Div 2 what the heck do they think their future holds?? Not fair on the youngsters and no good at all for the club.
Don’t see the vale fans throwing bottles and flares plus haff the clowns where not even born in the 90’s .
I never said they were I said thats when I think it started.
I never said you did ,just your comment referenced the early days when the Vale gloated ,I just pointed out they where not the ones embarrassing the club and like I said half off them would not have even been around back then .
Well lads I am sure the under 21's where glad of the 90% of the fans who when there to support them I also wonder how much added pressure the trouble makers where creating with the stupid throwing of missiles. The other 10% cavemen go support someone else we don't need you, all you do is embarrass the club and the rest of the fans .
That was a funny game, it was akin to a boxing match when a young featherweight fights a 40 fight heavyweight. The featherweight looks good and quick but doesn't look like hurting the heavyweight, whilst the heavyweight has the experience to easily see it out
I thought some of them did ok despite the scoreline, Sorensen, Pemberton and Verlinden all did ok but at the back we were shaky.
As for some moronic fans, well what did you expect